We are recruiting for a Play Area Installation Contracts Supervisor who has had the ‘on the tools’ experience of installing outdoor play equipment for Schools, Nurseries, Parks, Housing Estates, Parish Councils etc.,
Ideally you will be based within commuting distance of Cambridge or Bedford with easy access to the main motorways. The other key requirement for this role is having installed play equipment and of leading a team of installers.
As the Contracts Supervisor you will be travelling to a variety of sites preparing for new installations, checking the quality of current installations, arranging and attending pre-start, interim and completion meetings. You will need the knowledge of installing play equipment so that when you are onsite you can spot anything that is wrong and what the installers need to do to correct this.
This job will see you :
• Undertaking pre-start meetings with the sales teams, customers and installation contractors to ensure that the drawings match the site and that all aspects of the project is covered.
• Ensuring that work time scales are communicated and managed on site, that projects are completed to the customers satisfaction and that all the information needed for invoicing is passed to the admin teams, if required to determine the cause of any customer or quality issue and resolve it.
• Ensuring extra costs are kept to a minimum.
The skills and experience you will need will include :
• The ability to work to external works and engineering drawings, a good play installation, landscaping and ideally plant knowledge.
• Having installed play equipment, ideally with 2 years experience of leading / supervising a team or currently working as a Contract Supervisor.
• A good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word etc.,)
• The ability to manage projects and resources within budgets.
On offer is a salary of upto £28,000 per year, a Company Vehicle, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Tablet, 4 Weeks Holiday (Plus all Bank Holidays) and a pension scheme. There are also career progression opportunities available as you will be joining a well-established and award winning children’s playground equipment supplier that currently installs over 700 play areas per year and has exciting growth plans for the coming years that will give those career progression opportunities.
End date: January 31, 2020
Job Type: Full-time - Permanent
Location: LU1, Luton, Bedfordshire
Salary from: £ 28,000 - £ 28,000
Benefits: Company Vehicle, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Tablet, Four Weeks Holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) Pension Scheme