We are recruiting for a Dynamics CRM Specialist for an established market leader who has a history of successful product launches, works as a fast-paced business, is constantly growing through the development and successful launch of well thought out, designed and developed products and use Dynamics 365 to support their growth.
As the Dynamics CRM Specialist, you will be working within a team who are engaged with the migration, enhancement and optimisation of their key business processes into MS Dynamics 365 while working on a new corporate solution to sustain and maximise their expansion plans in the UK, Europe, Russia, Middle East and Africa.
You will need to have a good knowledge of Dynamics 365 and at least one year’s experience at a Microsoft Gold Partner or in a similar role (CRM Developer, CRM Consultant, CRM Analyst etc.,) and be willing to progress through what will be a challenging and exciting position.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Provide technical and functional support to CRM users through active management of their requests and completion of helpdesk resolutions.
• Analyse requirements and translate into technical/functional specifications that can be understood by the business community or used by a professional IT developer.
• Through business analysis, identify the best solutions either already available or to be implemented within the managed CRM platforms.
• Troubleshoot when and where necessary, assessing and testing the cases assigned.
• Liaise with System Developers to ensure the quality of deliverables, timely progression of projects and adherence to specification.
• Occasionally support IT with the configuration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM based on the agreed specification.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Ideally of graduate calibre with a degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics or related discipline.
• Proven knowledge of MS Dynamics.
• Numerate with an eye for detail, possessing an analytical and logical approach to problems and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret data and troubleshoot problems with a theoretical understanding of relational databases.
• Ability to translate and review business requirements, identify issues and generate possible solutions to complex problems while establishing good standard operating procedures.
• Prioritise workload and manage own time to meet agreed targets and deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Possess a genuine interest in understanding new and existing business processes in detail.
In return, our Client is offering a basic salary of up to £64,000 which is negotiable based on experience and excellent career progression opportunities within this market leading company.
For more detail on this opportunity, to register your interest or apply please either use the link included on this website or call to speak to one of the team.
Category: IT & CRM
End date: November 30, 2019
Job Type: Full-time - Permanent
Location: HP2, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary from: £ 64,000 - £ 64,000
Benefits: Excellent Benefits and Holiday Package